Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Look Ahead to Cars 2


The bar has been set pretty high. The last three films from Pixar Animation Studios have been masterpieces - not just in computer generated animation, but masterpieces in film making. Wall-E, Up, and Toy Story 3 were among the best films of any kind in the years they were released.

I didn't want to see the original Cars movie when it first came out. I thought it looked too much like a little kids movie. Mrs. DisneylandTraveler saw it first and convinced me otherwise. I reluctantly went but glad a did. It was colorful, charming, and had nice sense of humor. Everyone involved seemed to be having fun with the movie and it showed through on the screen.

Cars 2 comes out later this week. Once again, the previews on TV have left me underwhelmed. But this time, the benefit of a doubt has already been given and I'm sure I'll be in line to see it within the next few weeks. Disney has a lot invested in the future of Cars. I need to get with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment