Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Favorite Foods Around The Disneyland Resort #1

The San Francisco Shrimp Louie from the Pacific Wharf Cafe - DCA

Now I have to be honest here. I have never had the shrimp louie from the Pacific Wharf Cafe in Disney California Adventure. This is for my sister. Time permitting, she will eat one of these things at least once a day over a several day trip and I've even seen her go for two in a day. She's addicted to the things. And I must say, I'm tempted. I'm actually breaking. Next trip, I'm in, especially considering the meal we had at the neighboring Cocina Cucamonga was absolutely dreadful on our last trip (making Mrs. DisneylandTraveler violently sick and almost having to ralph in some bushes). So yep, my willingness to go for shrimp salad has made a major jump forward. My misgivings to this point has been with "bay" shrimp. I tend to like my shrimp on the large side. To me anyway, the smaller the shrimp get the more fishier they taste. It could be a personal thing. But my sister swears by this salad so my experience is going to be all on her. Besides, if it tastes bad, the Karl Strauss beer wagon is right across the courtyard.

Here is the desciptions of the salad from Allears.net


San Francisco Shrimp Louie - Chilled bay shrimp on a bed of mixed greens with hard-boiled egg, tomato wedges, olives and a zesty Louie dressing. $9.99
.


No comments:

Post a Comment