Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Just Desserts In Disneyland


So I'm sitting here this morning having a cup of coffee and eating a piece of toast with some jelly on it. I'm also reading a MousePlanet discussion board thread about best desserts in Disneyland. Great topic! I want to contribute something but I can't. Darn it. You see, by the time Mrs. DisneylandTraveler and I have finished our Disney meals, there seldom is any room in our tummies for dessert. We see the assorted pastries, cupcakes, and sweet treats around the park but rarely do we go out of our way for them. Usually by the time we have digested our meals after a couple of hours of fun in the parks, its right back time for another meal minus the dessert once again.

To be fair, we have gone for the WOC dining package meals at Ariel's Grotto and Wine Country Trattoria where a plate of mini desserts in included with the meal but these, while pleasing to the eye, aren't all that great in my humble opinion. Some of the little offerings may be better than others but none of them are particularly memorable. And there is that ever present churro cart where we do stop from time to time but again, not really a true drop to your knees kind of dessert. The lowly churro can be quite tasty when its fresh and hot but it is also one of those things where when its 40 seconds past its prime shelf life, can go down hill incredibly fast in taste.

I think last year we got a couple desserts from the Plaza Inn Restaurant to eat while watching the fireworks but to tell you the truth, you get so wrapped up in the fireworks and other people watching fireworks that the dessert became quite secondary.

When it comes to dessert at Disneyland for Mrs. DLT and I, our sweet tooth's are satisfied from two sources, the pineapple ice cream treats from the Tiki Room (another post) and from fresh made candy from any number of the parks delectable candy display cases - Ummm fudge. Oh, I would be remiss if I didn't mention once again Mrs. DLT's love for the pumpkin muffins in the fall. They don't float my boat all that much because when it comes to fall desserts, I'm not a big fan of nutmeg which seems to be in just about everything, but count Mrs. DLT in as a fan of the muffin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment