Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Friday, February 17, 2012

My Morning Disneyland Greeting


My neighborhood is now pretty much suburbanized but 40 or 50 years ago, it was strictly rural.  And there are still pockets in my area where rural property still exists.  I don't have to go too far to find horses and sheep and goats and chickens and roosters. That's right - roosters. Every morning about a half before sunrise I am awakened by the sound of a crowing rooster telling everyone within ear shot that it is time to get up. I don't need an alarm clock to get up and get ready for work but the stupid rooster doesn't take a day off so I hear the same crowing on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, he doesn't even care if its raining.

Fast forward to 7:00am. While I find some aspects of social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) troubling and I'm a very distant social media participant mainly because I do not understand all the ins and outs of them, I do subscribe to a few Twitter feeds.  I have my Twitter feeds (text message to my cell phone) silent between the hours 11:00pm and 7am.  I learned my lesson about silencing texts very early on when I was getting text messages from Twitter at 1am in the morning from some dufus standing in line for the Matterhorn. So my first Twitter text of the day, just like a rooster crowing, arrives at 7:00am and it is always from the Disneyland Resort, a feed I subscribe to. The message is always the same - "Good morning from the Disneyland Resort - Today's hours........".  So my first message of the day from the outside world of Twitter is always a greeting from Disneyland with the day's park hours.  I start my day with at least a bit of a connection at the park even though I'm hundreds of miles away.

You can get pretty quick with the delete finger Twitter, a lot of what I get is just nonsense. But there is something about special about that Disneyland message. On any given day, I always know when the park opens and closes. There is something reassuring about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment