Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe - What???

Model of the FF&P Cafe from the L.A. Times
I've never eaten at the new Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe located on Buena Vista Street in Disney California Adventure park so this isn't a restaurant review.  No one has eaten at the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe because the place is still about 7 weeks or so from its grand opening.  But the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe made Disneyland Resort news this past week because this quick service dining establishment will serve as DCA's home for Starbucks - the coffee giant.  I've already posted about Starbucks, I'm all for it because they whip up some fine products.  My point in this post is what genius came up with the name Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe?

I didn't have a clue what or who Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical was about but I new it had to do something to do with Walt Disney.  Thanks to the good people at Google, I could slap the words Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical into their search engine and immediately get an answer.  FF&P (for short because typing Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical just simply is too much work) are the names of the 3 Little Pigs.  Who new?  I didn't or at least long forgot.  And who new Walt Disney made a Silly Symphony cartoon of The 3 Little Pigs back in the early 1930's?  Come on, let's be honest.  I've never associated Disney with The 3 Little Pigs but I also have to admit I never tried either.

Now, no one is going to say to their Disneyland traveling party "let's meet at the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical Cafe to get something too eat".  Takes too much effort.  Since there is a Starbucks kiosk in there my first inclination is to say "let's meet at Starbucks". I'm just lazy that way.  Al Lutz in his MiceAge column posted what the Disneyland insiders call the place - The Pig Cafe.  Nice and short but really not very nice though I'm sure they are going to serve something with bacon on it for a quick breakfast (like most Starbucks).  Maybe I will call it FF&P but even that doesn't roll off the tongue.  Since most people really are generally lazy when it comes to naming things, some forum poster suggested calling it Fiddlers for short ignoring the 2 other pigs.  I tend to think that's what will happen.  "I'll meet you at Fiddlers for a Starbucks".

No comments:

Post a Comment