Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Disneyland Traveler Takes A Step Up With Picture Taking



After a long hard debate with myself, and with the approval from the ultimate authority - namely Mrs. DisneylandTraveler, I finally took the plunge and purchased my first DSLR camera. Most of the pictures on this website have come from a variety of point and shoots from Kodak, Nikon, Fuji and a couple of Sony's. Often times I get home and am a little disappointed with my photographic output. Sure, there are some pretty good shots but I always thought I could get better ones if I just had that one really good camera. That's what I tell myself anyway.

Well, enter the Canon EOS Rebel T3i (600D elsewhere in the world) Digital SLR Camera. Could this be the ticket to getting those great Disneyland shots? Well, time will tell. All I know is that I've got a lot of reading to do and practicing to work on in order to get up to speed with the camera's capabilities. With a little luck and some fair winds behind us, we could have another Disneyland adventure in late March. Then we'll finally see - is it the camera or is it the photographer?

2 comments:

  1. This entry really hits home to me right now. We're heading to down to Disneyland via train later this month (May of '14) and I have waffled quite a bit as to whether or not to haul around my Canon T3i, for both the Disney part and the Coast Starlight Amtrak ride. Even using a scooter to gad about the parks I still can't convince myself to lug the wonderful, but cumbersome, T3i and gear. I want to enjoy the rides sans runs to the locker to stash the thing.

    We are lucky to get to Anaheim every couple of years so my reasons will certainly differ from yours. Enter my Samsung Galaxy S3 Android smart phone. According to statistical and exhaustive testing this thing boasts the best cell phone camera available today. If I could I would show you some samples. Now I am armed with a mini tripod and remote shutter release for it. For the above reasons, and the fact that hubby and I can use it to call and text each other when apart there, it wins the ride to Disneyland. It will also tell me wait times and other miscellany Disney needs-to-know apps galore.

    Make no mistake, in my humble opinion you bought yourself a wonderful DSLR. I love mine, all except for the weight, theft concerns, and it won't call my husband :)

    ReplyDelete