Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Friday, September 9, 2011

The Astro Blaster - I Suck, Mike Doesn't


My friend Mike sent this intergalactic transmission to me here at work a few hours ago. Yeah, I'm at work, he's at Disneyland.  Sometimes life isn't fair.  It says his score is 628,100. His wife was a just little short of that with 31,100.  Actually, her score is something I can relate to, you see, as I have never broken the 100,000 mark in Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters.  In fact, I have never beaten Mrs. DisneylandTraveler.  I suck at the game.  Sure, I've looked online, read all the cheat sheets, know where all the tips and tricks are to pile up points but I can't hit the broad side of a barn with any kind of gun.  If I chose a career in bank robbing, I probably would have lasted about 8 minutes. I  have never fired a real gun in my life but I'm sure all the shooting ranges have gotten word and have a picture of me in their lobby that says not to let this man on their property under any circumstances.  My shooting prowess is a black mark on the male species.

But I have a date with Astro Blasters.  I'll be back.  I'll keep trying.  But I'll still suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment