Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Saturday, November 3, 2012

And Then There's Oz, The Great and Powerful

Disney Promotional Post For Oz, The Great and Powerful


And while I really look forward to Disney's Wreck-It Ralph, I can't say the same for next spring's release of Oz, The Great and Powerful from Disney and director Sam Rami. Disney released a new promotional poster this week featuring the wicked witch that looks both lush and creepy at the same time.

I said it before, but I'm just not a fan of the Wizard of Oz. I can't see Disney's involvement with the Oz characters of L. Frank Baum. But if I'm honest with myself, who could have pictured Disney owning Iron Man and Darth Vader either. 

Still, I don't have a good feeling about Disney's Oz. I could be all wrong. It could be a massive success like the eccentric but creepy Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. Oz could make a billion dollars and when Disney California Adventure's Mad T Party reaches its conclusion an Oz street party could be right behind it. And if that's the case, I think I'd be sick to my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment