Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Disneyland Traveler Blog Turns 2 Years Old

Mickey bangs the drum and gives a salute to the Disneyland Traveler Blog turning 2 years old
(well, not really...)

Are you kidding me? I've been writing this blog for exactly 2 years?? Doesn't seem that long but at a certain age, time goes by much quicker than it used to. I started this blog May 28, 2011 after finding out that running the two previous Disneyland websites I started proved to be a little too much work to keep updated and took the fun out of being a Disney fan. The good folks at Google provide a simple blog tool (a couple of them actually) that just says "go out and write what you want and we'll take care of all the back-end stuff that makes it visible for others to see and keeps spammers at bay - and BTW - it's free".  Who can turn down free?

So I get to write about Disneyland and other Disney endeavors and from time to time, maybe a non-Disney item or two. It's my hobby hence anyone who reads this isn't being asked to click on an ad so I can make a nickel. I write this for myself and hopefully others can find a certain amount of information, enjoyment, and entertainment. Though I hear from a few people regularly through comments or through email, I don't really know who reads this blog other than mostly other Disney fans. Google doesn't tell me who reads this but they do tell me how many. At the end of May 2011, there were 17 pageviews of this blog. This May, there will be around 6000 pageviews of this blog which now totals over 60,000 pageviews in its 2 year lifespan. That's chicken feed compared to the big boys in Disney web sites which are viewed by thousands a day but again, I'm not here to sell anything but the experience of being a Disney fan (and sometimes a Disney critic).

So to all of you out there who are taking the time out of their busy day to read this for whatever reason, a sincere "Thank You" from the Disneyland Traveler (and Mrs. DisneylandTraveler too). As I posted earlier, we are currently having some challenges that almost caused this blog to sign off as we have taken in and care for Mrs. DLT's father who suffers from the sadness of what is Alzheimer's Disease. It's difficult for us to see an opportunity for our next Disneyland trip at least  together anyway. But as I thought about it, even dealing with the current circumstances, being a Disney fan remains a constant and an outlet. As always, there is a piece of me that sits on a bench in a shady spot of Main Street USA on a bright sunny day.

2 comments:

  1. This is my new favorite Disney blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I appreciate it. Keep reading because I always try to do better and some day, I may get it right. :-)

      Delete