Disneyland Traveler Blog Sites

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Trick or Treat - Disneyland Style

Assorted family members at Mickey's Halloween Party 2013
Well, last night was the first Mickey's Halloween Party of the year, the special admission event Disneyland holds on Tuesdays and Fridays until Halloween (including Halloween itself). Let's take a roll call. A co-worker from a neighboring cubicle - she was there with her daughter and two grandsons - check. My sister was there with her husband - check. My sister's daughter with her two boys were there - check. Another niece was there with her 3 kids - check. I think that makes around a dozen people that I know having fun at Disneyland last night (at 50 something bucks a head). Who wasn't at Mickey's Halloween Party? That would be me, sitting here, getting pictures and text messages sent back to my phone.

But that's OK. I've said over and over again, I am not a Halloween person. I find Disneyland holding high priced separate admission events rather repulsive given the high prices they already charge for regular park admission. So while I'm sure they had fun (and are still having fun this morning as I write this) I'm good with missing out on the party.



My sister said the Halloween Party was different and kind of fun but wouldn't do it again. Other than the park being less crowded than usual since all the non-event guests were kicked out of the park by 7:00 pm, the Halloween Party was all about kids dressing up in costumes and having most of the fun. I don't think she thought it was worth the extra money. The kids on the other hand thought it was great. Of course....they're not paying.





No comments:

Post a Comment